Sunday, 16 October 2011

ACW Adventures in Basing No.2

It's funny how a small change can upset all the best laid plans of dice and men.  The particular change I am referring to is that one of my team at work (I sort of 'manage' a team of ecologists) left to join another company (allegedly for a 70% uplift, illustrating nicely how little we are paid generally and how in demand marine ecologists are these days) and that has meant that I have been a lot busier than I had planned or wanted to be for the past few months.  But, I shouldn't complain - at least I've still got a job....

Anyway, that explains the lack of posts recently.  However, I have managed to get a little further with the ACW project I'd set myself and have started on basing up Geoff's Confederates.  As you can see they are also Airfix (mainly) but with a little more application of paint than my Union army.
I haven't flocked these ones yet but thought it might be of interest to see what the bases (30x40mm MDF) looked like just covered with the shelly sand I'd been using.  As you can see there is quite a variation in texture and colour with the odd larger shell fragment thrown in.  With the shell fragments (which can be quite pale) I usually paint these to look like wood or other debris.  In addition, I've added some small stones that came from a sample pack that one of my landscape architect colleagues didn't need anymore.

No comments: