Thursday 31 March 2011

Russo-Japanese War

The first time I came across the word 'Tsushima' was in Paul Hague’s Sea Battles in Miniature.

It had never occurred to me before (it was a long time ago, I was young, I was innocent, what can I say) that there would be wars out there in which the British weren’t involved (that is if you discount the little Dogger Bank Incident where the Russian Baltic Fleet opened fire on British trawlers, mistaking them for Japanese torpedo boats – in the North Sea? I ask you.... ).

Anyway, yet another long term project of mine is building up fleets and refighting the naval aspects of the Russo-Japanese War. To this end I recently found this excellent map of the Japanese Empire in 1904/05.
I’m going to work this up in the Berthier Campaign Manager to hopefully try to run it as a campaign (at some point) so I’ll let you know how I get on with that.

No comments: