Tuesday 29 May 2012

A River Runs Through It No.1

On the subject of DBA Campaigns, one of the things that I'm always short of is suitable terrain and so I've decided to make some.  I've got a whole list of items to make which no doubt I will blog about but first up is a river.  This will be my starting point:
Yes, we got some nice 'tiled' lino for the kitchen a few years ago and I'd been keeping the offcuts for something.... The pieces are a sort of marbled stone effect and there's quite a lot of blue in some of them.
And here are the various river sections I've cut, mainly from blue parts of the tiles.  They are all about 40mm across (i.e. one 15mm base-width in DBA/DBM) and there are various curved and straight sections.
Here are a few river pieces with some 15mm Magister Militum Skythian horsemen for scale.  I like the severed heads hanging from the saddles - nice touch.

1 comment:

Michael Awdry said...

What a great idea, looking forward to seeing this develop.