Tuesday 3 December 2019

The Russians are Coming No.3

Having shown you my new 15mm Russian infantry I thought you may like to see the cavalry as well.  As with the infantry these are a mixture of Roundway and Warrior, mainly the latter.
Warrior - Don Cossacks
My favourite cavalry figures are the cossacks by Warrior, in their long blue kaftans and massive busbies.  I think they're really cool, so here's another photo of them.
Warrior - Don Cossacks again
In addition to these I painted two regiments of heavy cavalry, specifically the Emperor's Curassiers (blue facings) and the Ekaterinoslav Curassiers (orange facings).
Warrior - Emperor's Cuirassiers
Of course in this period Russian curassiers didn't actually wear the cuirass.
Warrior - Ekaterinoslav Cuirassiers
In addition to these I painted some dragoons, in this case the Kurland Dragoons.  These are Roundway figures and the helmets are a bit bulbous compared to the Warrior figures.
Roundway - Kurland Dragoons
I still have a few more regiments to paint include some Warrior dragoons and uhlans plus a few more cossacks.  One can never have too many cossacks I always think, particularly as the one thing I've always been short of on the table is light cavalry, especially cossacks.

2 comments:

Neil Scott said...

Great looking regiments

Phil said...

Beautiful cavalry!